Welcome to the Home of the Marching Vikings!
NIMPA is a non-profit organization whose purpose is:
To lend all possible moral, physical, and financial support to the instrumental music program of Northland High School, and
To cooperate and communicate with NHS administrators, Instrumental Music directors and parents, to ensure that the Instrumental Music Program is maintained at the highest possible degree of efficiency of operation.
NEW BAND DIRECTORS
Meet our new Northland Band Director, Mr. Alex Gerhard and Assistant Band Director, Sarah Shively at our August 11 NIMPA meeting. Mr. Gerhard is a 2013 OSU TBDBITL graduate. Ms. Shively graduated is a 2015 Otterbein University graduate with student teacher experience at our very own Woodward Park Middle School!
March in the Karl Rd. Fourth of July Parade! Rehearsals will be held June 23, 24, 25, 30, July 1 and 2, 9:00-11:00 a.m at Northland High School.
Summer uniforms will be required for the parade and will be available during rehearsals from NIMPA officers. Mr. Gleich will send information home about pricing and summer uniform days.
EARN MONEY TO PAY BAND FEES
Schmidt’s will be working with NIMPA again to provide the opportunity to work at their concession stands at the Ohio State Fair. A schedule and sign up will be sent this week at parade rehearsals: June 30, July 1 & 2. (This is entirely dependent on the Schmidt’s representative.)
DETAILS (Based on last year’s experience)
- Students must be 14 years old or older
- Parents/Guardians, etc. may work too. Earn more for student’s account.
- Workers must wear the band polo, khaki/tan shorts (school appropriate) pants and comfortable closed toed shoes.
- Shifts are normally 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Earn $8/hour will directly be deposited with NIMPA and credited to appropriate worker.
- Free ticket to the Ohio State Fair for work day.
- Parking is $5. There is a McDonalds within short walking distance for pick up and drop off.
- One free meal is provided.
- Shifts are limited. Sign up early, and provide the best contact information.
- If interested, contact Beth Maston, email@example.com, with your first choices to work.
Please note specific dates and times for Band Camp this season. NIMPA would like help to provide lunch on August 10 and August 14. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help in any way.
August 10, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. — Band Camp, hour lunch break on the 8-4 days. Lunch will be available for purchase through NIMPA, otherwise please pack a sack lunch.
AUGUST 11-13: NO BAND CAMP, SECTIONALS SUGGESTED
August 14, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. — Band Camp, hour lunch break on the 8-4 days. Lunch will be available for purchase through NIMPA, otherwise please pack a sack lunch.
August 17-20, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. — Band Camp
August 21, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. — Band Camp
August 13, 6:00 p.m.—Upperclassmen fittings. Please bring a fee deposit.
August 18, 6:00 p.m. — Freshman fittings. Please bring a fee deposit.
NIMPA POTLUCK PICNIC
Enjoy the annual picnic and pre-season concert. Bring your favorite dish to share! Drinks and paper products will be provided. Bring your own lawn chairs, cameras, etc. and enjoy the band and Valkyrie performances.
Want to get a head start on your senior year? Submit a baby picture and your favorite senior picture to email@example.com for the 2016 NIMPA Awards Slide Show! Other band appropriate pictures, like Row Dinner snapshots, are welcome.
2016 NIMPA Officers
Vice President—Beth Miller